In the frame of the Global Chess Festival, launched by the JUDIT POLGAR Chess Foundation, Chess Start Association organized CHESS CONNECTS US! – a CHESS OPEN DAY on 17th October, 2015. The Open Day was organized in partnership with the Satu Mare County School Inspectorate, Central Chess Club of Satu Mare and Satu Mare Rotaract Club Association. The location of the event was: Romania, Satu Mare city, House of Culture, 25th October Square.
The event in numbers: 371 drawings received, 126 players at the team chess competition for children and youth, 8 players at the senior chess competition, 17 players at the chess simultan, more than 400 visitors.
The goal of the event was to popularize the benefits of playing chess for children, to popularize chess as a teaching method, as sport and recreation, as a link between generations, as a bridge between different social and cultural communities.
In the frame of the event were organized various chess promoting activities: a drawing contest on the theme of chess; demonstrative simultaneous chess game; various linking chess promoting games and exercises for children; presentation about the benefits of playing chess for children; a team competition for performance children and youth players, an individual competition for amateurs.
Event Agenda (Note: all attachments are in Romanian):
10.00-11.30: Awarding Ceremony of the Drawing Contest:
- Chess Festival’s Presentation
- Chess Start Association’s Presentation
- Central Chess Club’s and "Chess in kindergarten and school" program’s Presentation
- Presentations about the beneficial effects of chess
- Demonstrative chess games
- Drawing contest Awarding
Location: Great Hall of the House of Culture.
The announcement of the Drawing Contest you can find here.
The list of the received drawings you can find here.
The evaluation of the drawings you can find here.
The list of winner drawings you can find here.
10.00-16.00: Photo exhibition about Chess Start Association’s activities organized in 2015. Location: The hallways from the ground floor of House of Culture.
10.30-16.00: Two chess competitions with the aim of promoting chess as a sport and recreation. Location: central hall in the basement of the House of Culture.
Team Chess competition notice for children and youth you can find here.
U8 – List of players in alphabetical order
U8 – Best players on the table – points
U10 – Starting list of players
U10 – List of players in alphabetical order
U10 – Final ranking after 7 rounds
U10 – Team-composition with rounds results
U10 – Best players on the table - points
U18 – Starting list of players
U18 – List of players in alphabetical order
U18 – Final ranking after 9 rounds
U18 – Team-composition with rounds results
U18 – Best players on the table - percentage
Chess competition notice for those aged over 18 you can find here.
The final results of the competition you can find here.
The interested persons have had the possibility to follow the progress of games in hallways on the ground floor and first floor.
12.00-14.30: Simultaneous chess game in which a 10 years old child (HÉJJA Irisz-Hanna) played chess simultaneously at 10 tables (adults: Costiuc Ioan, Covrig Claudiu, Czina Péter, Deac Alexandru, Jakab Zsolt, Kovács Béla, Mateian Florin, Mintău Florin, Morvai Pál, Papp János) and one 8 years old child (ROMÁN József jr.) played simultaneously at 5 tables (adults The interested persons have had the possibility to follow the running game in the hall. Location: Assembly Hall of the Cultural Center "GM Zamfirescu ".
12.00-14.30: Chess Castle. Children have participated in various interactive and fun activities, with and about chess: giant chess, songs, dances, medieval chess games (stone chess, champions table), animated stories on huge chess board, zoo-chess, magician chess, chess with cars, lego chess, maze chess, curiosities from the world of chess. Animator: Attila József ROMAN - chess instructor, certified by the Romanian Chess Federation and chess arbiter. Location: Small Hall of the House of Culture.
Chess Castle's presentation material you can find here.
The press files of the event:
- 7 oct: Şahul îi uneşte pe copiii sătmăreni Gazeta de Nord Vest
- 7 oct: Ziua porţilor deschise pentru şah, în 17 octombrie portalsm.ro
- 7 oct: Ziua porţilor deschise pentru şah satumareonline.ro
- 7 oct: A sakk osszeköt! – Nyílt sakk nap Szatmárnémetiben szatmar.ro
- 7 oct: Világsakkfesztivál Szatmárnémetiben Szatmári Friss Újság
- 7 oct: Panou publicitar electronic SM, P-ţa Burdea Creative Screen
- 8 oct: Şahul îi uneşte pe copiii sătmăreni nordvest-tv.ro
- 8 oct: Chess S. organizează Ziua porţilor deschise de şah Informaţia Zilei
- 15 oct: Şahul uneşte la Satu Mare Gazeta de Nord Vest
- 15 oct: Sâmbătă, Ziua porţilor deschise de şah Informaţia Zilei
- 16 oct: A sakk osszeköt Szatmári Friss Újság
- 16 oct: Şahul uneşte la Satu Mare Nord Vest TV
- 16 oct: Şahul ne uneşte radiocluj.ro
- 17 oct: Ziua porţilor deschise pentru şah satmareanul.net
- 17 oct: Sakkünnep a Szakszervezetek Művelődési Házában szatmar.ro
- 18 oct: A sakk ezer arca M1 TV
- 18 oct: Világsakkfesztivál első ízben Sz..ben Szatmári Friss Újság
- 19 oct: Ziua porţilor deschise de şah, iniţiată de Chess S. Informatia Zilei
- 19 oct: Ziua porţilor deshise: „Şahul ne uneşte” sportulsatmarean.ro
- 20 oct: Rezultatul Concursului de şah pe echipe Informatia Zilei
The organizers thank for their help in organizing and running the event to the following: Ardelean Cătălin, Asociaţia Absolvenţilor Veterani „Kölcsey Ferenc”, Bala Cristina, Barabás Mónika, Boboloţ Horia, Ceteraş Marius, Costiuc Ioan, Covrig Claudiu, Czina Péter, Deac Alexandru, Dombi Rudolf, Drotar Victor, Fântână Marin, Foitoş Radu, Jakab Zsolt, Kovács Béla, Lazăr Cristian, Márk János, Mateian Florin, Mintău Florin, Miron Mircea, Morvai Pál, Mudure Dorel, Papp János, Rotar Sorin, Sályi Zoltán, sc Alfa Vega srl, Schneider Róbert, Stier Péter, Tempfli Katalin, Văsuţ Zaharia.